WAXHAM BARN WEDDINGS
In view of the latest lockdown rules, the barn is now closed up to and including 2 December 2020.
As soon as we are advised by the Government to do so, we will re-open for viewings only.
Rest assured that we are still working hard behind the scenes so if you require any more information or have any concerns about your wedding, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to seeing you soon and in the meantime, please stay safe and well.
Monica, Waxham Barn Events Manager
At a glance
- We are a licensed venue for civil ceremonies, which means you can have your wedding ceremony here on site with us
- We are now also licensed to sell alcohol and for the playing of live and/or recorded music.
- No corkage - you can provide your own drinks without incurring charges
- Dry-hire - you can select all of your own suppliers giving you complete control of your day
- Huge capacity - Waxham Great Barn can hold up to 150 guests for your ceremony and wedding breakfast and up to 230 guests in the evening (the maximum amount of people to include staff should be no more than 250. This is in accordance with the fire regulations
- Blank canvas - a wonderfully large space to create whichever style of wedding suits your vision
- Outdoor space - a large shingle courtyard which is perfect for welcome drinks, garden games, food trucks or whatever else your heart desires!
- Affordable! Prices start from just £2,000 to hire the Barn during off peak months and weekdays
We want you to have a fantastic time and celebrate your wedding or event in style! Please find the answers to our most frequently asked questions below. If you need any further information, please just ask!
How much does it cost to get married at Waxham Great Barn?
We charge £2,000 for your ceremony and reception - (midweek and off peak months (October-May)) for the hire of the Barn which includes 6.5 hours of setup time the day before your wedding and 6 hours takedown the day after your wedding.
Is there a deposit?
Yes, a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total booking value will be required to secure the booking.
Is there a Security Deposit?
Yes, we will require a £600 security deposit to be paid no later than two months before your wedding or event. Assuming the barn is left in the correct condition, this will be returned to you within five working days.
How many guests can I invite to my wedding?
We are licensed to have 150 guests for your ceremony. We are then able to host up to 230 people from this point onwards.
Do we have to book the registrar or celebrant?
Yes - it is your responsibility to book your chosen ceremony type.
What about suppliers?
As a dry-hire venue, we allow you the freedom to choose your own suppliers. All suppliers must provide their public liability insurance and PAT testing certificates (where appropriate) no later than 14 days before your wedding. Suppliers who have not provided this documentation will be unable to attend site.
What time do we have to finish our party?
All weddings and events will finish at midnight without exception. We recommend you arrange transport and ensure your guests pre-book taxis as this isn't easy to do on the night!
Managed by Norfolk Historic Buildings Trust, Waxham Great Barn is the perfect, unique space to host your wedding or event.
Established in 1977, the Trust has been instrumental in saving more than 20 historic buildings right across Norfolk that might otherwise have been lost.
Entirely self-financing and largely run by volunteers, the Trust’s mission is the conservation and promotion of Norfolk’s built heritage.