WAXHAM BARN WEDDINGS
Welcome to Waxham Barn Weddings - Your day, your way!
IMPORTANT AND EXCITING NEWS
Wedding News - A Date for your Diaries
Following on from the success of our wedding fair in October this year, we are pleased to announce that we are hosting another wedding fair on 1st March 2020 - visit https://mailchi.mp/f1ac0fdde6d4/waxham-barn-marketing-email-12193481 for more details.
We are delighted to announce that Alex Firman of the highly successful Garden Kitchen Café at Hoveton, has now taken over the management of Waxham Barn Café. It will now be known as the "Coast Kitchen Café”. We are also delighted to announce that both the Café and Barn are now licensed for the sale of alcohol and the playing of live and/or recorded music. This comes into effect from Saturday 14th December. The Café will from now on be open throughout the year, Tuesday to Sunday 10-4. Well behaved dogs will always be welcome at the Café and Barn.
Alex has built a reputation for providing first class food and service for all kinds of events from large corporate events, formal and casual weddings and parties, through to intimate, multi course, family and friend celebrations. He and his expert team will be delighted to provide this for weddings, celebrations and any special events at Waxham Barn. When the Barn is closed for private events Alex will provide food, drinks and snacks for other visitors from his distinctive street food horse box trailer.
So whether you are coming to Waxham to visit our magnificent Tudor Barn, to see that special breed of bird or to visit the famous Horsey Seal colony (the birthing season runs from the beginning of November to end of January), do make sure you visit the Coast Kitchen Café.
At a glance
- We are a licensed venue for civil ceremonies, which means you can have your wedding ceremony here on site with us
- We are now also licensed to sell alcohol and for the playing of live and/or recorded music.
- No corkage - you can provide your own drinks without incurring charges
- Dry-hire - you can select all of your own suppliers giving you complete control of your day
- We now have an on site caterers at the new Coast Kitchen cafe should you wish to wish to use them, however, this is not a requirement - you are free to choose your own catering
- Huge capacity - Waxham Great Barn can hold up to 150 guests for your ceremony and wedding breakfast and up to 230 guests in the evening (the maximum amount of people to include staff should be no more than 250. This is in accordance with the fire regulations
- Blank canvas - a wonderfully large space to create whichever style of wedding suits your vision
- Outdoor space - a large shingle courtyard which is perfect for welcome drinks, garden games, food trucks or whatever else your heart desires!
- Affordable! Prices start from just £1,850 to hire the Barn during off peak months and weekdays
The Nitty Gritty
We want you to have a fantastic time and celebrate your wedding or event in style! Please find the answers to our most frequently asked questions below. If you need any further information, please just ask!
How much does it cost to get married at Waxham Great Barn?
We charge £1,850 for your ceremony and reception - (midweek and off peak months (October-May)) for the hire of the Barn which includes 6.5 hours of setup time the day before your wedding and 4 hours takedown the day after your wedding.
Is there a deposit?
Yes, a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total booking value will be required to secure the booking.
Is there a Security Deposit?
Yes, we will require a £600 security deposit to be paid no later than two months before your wedding or event. Assuming the barn is left in the correct condition, this will be returned to you within five working days.
How many guests can I invite to my wedding?
We are licensed to have 150 guests for your ceremony. We are then able to host up to 230 people from this point onwards.
Do we have to book the registrar or celebrant?
Yes - it is your responsibility to book your chosen ceremony type.
What about suppliers?
As a dry-hire venue, we allow you the freedom to choose your own suppliers. All suppliers must provide their public liability insurance and PAT testing certificates (where appropriate) no later than 14 days before your wedding. Suppliers who have not provided this documentation will be unable to attend site.
What time do we have to finish our party?
All weddings and events will finish at midnight without exception. We recommend you arrange transport and ensure your guests pre-book taxis as this isn't easy to do on the night!
Managed by Norfolk Historic Buildings Trust, Waxham Great Barn is the perfect, unique space to host your wedding or event.
Established in 1977, the Trust has been instrumental in saving more than 20 historic buildings right across Norfolk that might otherwise have been lost.
Entirely self-financing and largely run by volunteers, the Trust’s mission is the conservation and promotion of Norfolk’s built heritage.
Fancy finding out more about planning your dream wedding at Waxham Great Barn? Why not arrange to pop over for a viewing and chat with our team about your wedding ideas - we would love to see you!