WAXHAM BARN WEDDINGS
2021 viewings, showcases and wedding fair
Waxham Barn is closed until we get further guidance from the Government. However, we are still working behind the scenes so please email email@example.com if you would like any information about the Barn.
If you are looking to hire the Barn for your wedding or event, please complete the short form at the bottom of this page.
We have wedding showcases taking place on Sunday 23 May and Sunday 25 July, and a wedding fair on Sunday 27 June. You can find out more on our NEWS page.
In the meantime, please stay safe and well.
Waxham Barn, on behalf of Norfolk Historic Buildings Trust, would like to wish you all a very Healthy and Happy 2021.
Monica, Waxham Barn Events Manager
At a glance
- We are a licensed venue for civil ceremonies, which means you can have your wedding ceremony here on site with us
- We are now also licensed to sell alcohol and for the playing of live and/or recorded music.
- No corkage - you can provide your own drinks without incurring charges
- Dry-hire - you can select all of your own suppliers giving you complete control of your day
- Huge capacity - Waxham Great Barn can hold up to 150 guests for your ceremony and wedding breakfast and up to 230 guests in the evening (the maximum amount of people to include staff should be no more than 250. This is in accordance with the fire regulations
- Blank canvas - a wonderfully large space to create whichever style of wedding suits your vision
- Outdoor space - a large shingle courtyard which is perfect for welcome drinks, garden games, food trucks or whatever else your heart desires!
- Affordable! Prices start from just £2,000 to hire the Barn during off peak months and weekdays
We want you to have a fantastic time and celebrate your wedding or event in style! Please find the answers to our most frequently asked questions below. If you need any further information, please just ask!
How much does it cost to get married at Waxham Great Barn?
We charge £2,000 for your ceremony and reception - (midweek and off peak months (October-May)) for the hire of the Barn which includes 6.5 hours of setup time the day before your wedding and 6 hours takedown the day after your wedding.
Is there a deposit?
Yes, a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total booking value will be required to secure the booking.
Is there a Security Deposit?
Yes, we will require a £600 security deposit to be paid no later than two months before your wedding or event. Assuming the barn is left in the correct condition, this will be returned to you within five working days.
How many guests can I invite to my wedding?
We are licensed to have 150 guests for your ceremony. We are then able to host up to 230 people from this point onwards.
Do we have to book the registrar or celebrant?
Yes - it is your responsibility to book your chosen ceremony type.
What about suppliers?
As a dry-hire venue, we allow you the freedom to choose your own suppliers. All suppliers must provide their public liability insurance and PAT testing certificates (where appropriate) no later than 14 days before your wedding. Suppliers who have not provided this documentation will be unable to attend site.
What time do we have to finish our party?
All weddings and events will finish at midnight without exception. We recommend you arrange transport and ensure your guests pre-book taxis as this isn't easy to do on the night!
Waxham Great Barn is an historic, Grade 1 listed barn dating from the late 16th century. It is located in Waxham, a beautiful spot on the Norfolk coast, and is the perfect, unique space to host your wedding or event.
Our address is Waxham Great Barn, Coast Road, Norfolk, NR12 0DZ
Waxham Great Barn is managed by Norfolk Historic Buildings Trust, a charity dedicated to conserving and promoting Norfolk's built heritage. The income we earn through weddings helps us to conserve and care for this historic building.
Since it was established in 1977 the Trust has been instrumental in saving more than 20 historic buildings across Norfolk that might otherwise have been lost.