WAXHAM BARN WEDDINGS
Waxham Barn is open to the public daily from 9am to 4pm, apart from when a wedding or event is taking place taking place.
Waxham Barn, on behalf of Norfolk Historic Buildings Trust, would like to continue to keep our wedding guests, suppliers and visitors as safe as possible. Our aim is to create a safe and trusted environment between all parties who attend our venue and with this in mind, we make the following suggestions:
- Although it is not mandatory to wear masks we respectfully suggest that you continue to do so.
- Remember social distancing and where possible allow at least a minimum of 1 metre distance.
- We will continue to provide hand sanitiser in the Barn.
- We will continue to provide the QR code so that you can check in automatically.
- Our Risk Assessment will also be available for you to read.
If you are considering Waxham Barn as a wedding or event venue and wish to arrange a viewing please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Stay safe and well,
Monica, Waxham Barn Events Manager
At a glance
- We are a licensed venue for civil ceremonies, which means you can have your wedding ceremony here on site with us
- We are also licensed to sell alcohol and for the playing of live and/or recorded music
- No corkage - you can provide your own drinks without incurring charges
- Dry-hire - you can select all of your own suppliers giving you complete control of your day
- Huge capacity - Waxham Great Barn can hold up to 150 guests for your ceremony and wedding breakfast and up to 230 guests in the evening. The maximum amount of people, to include staff, should be no more than 250 to comply with fire regulations
- Blank canvas - a wonderfully large space to create whichever style of wedding suits your vision
- The barn now provides heating during colder months
- Outdoor space - a large shingle courtyard which is perfect for welcome drinks, garden games, food trucks or whatever else your heart desires!
- Affordable! Prices start from just £2,250 to hire the Barn during off peak months and weekdays
We want you to have a fantastic time and celebrate your wedding or event in style! Please find the answers to our most frequently asked questions below. If you need any further information, please just ask!
How much does it cost to get married at Waxham Great Barn?
July to September £3,950
May to June £3,500
April and October £3,000
November to March £2,500
June to September £2,750
October to May £2,000
Price includes 6.5 hours of setup time the day before your wedding and 6 hours takedown the day after your wedding.
Is there a deposit?
Yes, a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total booking value will be required to secure the booking.
Is there a Security Deposit?
Yes, we will require a £600 security deposit to be paid no later than two months before your wedding or event. Assuming the barn is left in the correct condition, this will be returned to you within five working days.
How many guests can I invite to my wedding?
We are licensed to have 150 guests for your ceremony. We are then able to host up to 230 people from this point onwards.
Do we have to book the registrar or celebrant?
Yes - it is your responsibility to book your chosen ceremony type.
What about suppliers?
As a dry-hire venue, we allow you the freedom to choose your own suppliers. All suppliers must provide their public liability insurance and PAT testing certificates (where appropriate) no later than 14 days before your wedding. Suppliers who have not provided this documentation will be unable to attend site.
What time do we have to finish our party?
All weddings and events will finish at midnight without exception. We recommend you arrange transport and ensure your guests pre-book taxis as this isn't easy to do on the night!
Waxham Great Barn is an historic, Grade 1 listed barn dating from the late 16th century. It is located in Waxham, a beautiful spot on the Norfolk coast, and is the perfect, unique space to host your wedding or event.
Our address is Waxham Great Barn, Coast Road, Norfolk, NR12 0DZ
Waxham Great Barn is managed by Norfolk Historic Buildings Trust, a charity dedicated to conserving and promoting Norfolk's built heritage. The income we earn through weddings helps us to conserve and care for this historic building.
Since it was established in 1977 the Trust has been instrumental in saving more than 20 historic buildings across Norfolk that might otherwise have been lost.